Monday, April 25, 2011

Candy Cane Skirt

I wasn't sure about this one when I started putting it together.  The idea came from a friend of mine, while we were looking through my fabric stash.  I had these cute coordinating fabrics, and she told me about a skirt she found on etsy that was made by sewing strips of fabric together and then making a simple tube skirt out of them.  I still wasn't sure, but I wanted to use the fabric so I gave it a try.

Honestly, I think this is one of my favorite skirts now.  It just came together really well, and she looks so cute in it.


I started by cutting strips (more like rectangles) of the fabrics that were 4" by (the length + 1" for waistband.)  I serged the strips together until I had around 45" then turned my big strip into a tube. I added a casing for an elastic waistband, and a small ruffle on the bottom, and that was it!  It was much easier than it looks.


No comments: