Friday, March 18, 2011

Pedestal Plates

Thrift Store finds
Fantastic Trivet
Wedding present silver candlestick
Wedding present votive holder
Freebie fun trivet
Silver candlestick again, the 2nd of the set
Super cute plate from a Garage sale
These are my new favorite projects.  A friend of mine told me about the ones she was making, so I went through my stuff and found the supplies at home.  

What you'll need is:
Really Cute Plate/Trivet/Bowl 
(from your own cupboards, garage sales, thrift stores, Marshalls, etc.)
Good Solid candlestick
(same places you find the plates)
Marine Epoxy
(I got mine at Lowes)

I remembered that I had marine epoxy from when I made a homemade snow globe.  So I was able to start right away. 

The instructions are so basic...
Find the center of your plate
Follow the epoxy instructions to attach candlestick to the center of the plate

That's it.
Really.

Host a party with your new fantastic Pedestal Plates.

Happy Creating!
Melissa

No comments: