Friday, July 1, 2011

Kim's House Needs Help - Part 1

We moved into our current home about 5 months ago.  Unfortunately, it's taken me that long to feel like I can really start decorating.  It really needs some help - it's very beige (floors, walls, ceilings, etc.).  But, I've made a goal this summer (yes, summer just started for us, the kids got out of school just last week) to get the house looking good.  We are renting this place, so I won't be making any drastic alterations (maybe a little paint, otherwise it will all be non-permanent upgrades).  So- be on the lookout for more posts in this series in the next little while.

Today we have some vinyl words for my living/great room area.  All are cut with my silhouette (love that little machine).

It's hard to read, but this is a quote from the last LDS general conference about temples, and the picture of the Salt Lake was taken (by me) during our recent trip to Utah.

It hangs over my shiny (all the better to show fingerprints with) piano.

I painted over an old sign that I didn't like, and cut new vinyl to match the rest of the room.  Works well with these pictures.

The photo wall.  The wall space in this house lends itself towards lots of photos, so photos it is. With a little more word art to tie it all together.

I'll warn you now, you're going to see a lot of vinyl art here.  I'll just admit it - I love Vinyl.  It's creative, expressive and fun, and easily changed when I get bored (which has been known to happen).  It's also very inexpensive (especially when I cut it myself).  Don't worry though, I'll make sure to add in some other projects to keep the series interesting.

Happy Crafting!

No comments: